Thursday, July 9, 2009

During my second week at my internship, I was still working on their social networking sites making sure they stayed updated. But I also started working on certain parts of the magazine. For example, there is a section called top gear in the magazine and each week we feature five different products (new gadgets, clothing, etc...) that have recently come out onto the market. We are sent samples of them and we write a review on them for the magazine. This week I was actually in charge of researching, contacting, and writing the reviews for the products. Since I am working for a magazine who's readers are mainly males, I had to find products that would appeal to that demographic. I was able to get samples of: a Sony Rolly, TomTom sat navigator, the Mongoose cricket bat, a pair of 'trousers', a few tee-shirts and a jacket. So far I have written reviews on both the TomTom and Sony Rolly. The reviews were also a little tricky because I had to write in a way that would appeal to men, which was obviously a little difficult for me! I know I summed up my week in only a few sentences but it took me nearly all week to get in contact with people and get them to send samples of their products over to me! My reviews should be in one of the upcoming issues and when they are I'll put them here on my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment