Sunday, July 26, 2009

Week 4:

This week's planned tour was the City of London tour. Here we basically walked around central London and got to see all of the sights and learn the history behind them. We saw Parliament, Westminster Abbey, Buckingham Palace, Tower Bridge, Tower of London, etc. While I have already seen all of these sights the last time I was in England two years ago, I did not learn any history behind them. For example, Buckingham Palace is famous for the home of the Queen but she is only there on Tuesdays and for any major public function. Otherwise she considers Windsor Castle, just outside London, her home and she spends the majority of her time there. And as many times as I have seen and visited these sights, they never get old. I still enjoy them just as much as I did two years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment