Wednesday, July 1, 2009

My first week as an intern at Dennis Publishing:

When I first arrived at my internship on day 1, I was extremely nervous but my immediate supervisor, Eoin, was extemely friendly and introduced me to the rest of my co-workers. The first few days were spent learning the ropes at Dennis and how I would contribute to my team. Since Dennis is starting to focus more on digital magazines rather than print, one of my main tasks is to increase readership through different social networks, the main ones being facebook, myspace and twitter. Some of the magazines, such as Monkey Magazine, is generally focused on the younger generations between 20-35, so being able to market and compete in these social networks is key. Also when I looked at their different accounts on these networks, I could tell they had not been updated for quite a while. So for the first week I spent the majority of my time updating their accounts and working on marketing the magazine through these social networking sites.

No comments:

Post a Comment