Sunday, July 26, 2009

Week 5:

Ok so I went to the Wakestock Festival this weekend and it was an experience! First of all, when we got there the forecast was rain all day with heavy rain and wind at night. All I brought for shoes were flip-flops! Luckily the rain held off for the first hour or so, so the guys at the magazine gave me a Flip camera to go around and interview people at the festival. This was my favorite part. Going up to people and just start talking to them! And the questions that I had were a hit. I decided to try them out on random people before asking the bands. Once the rain started, we pretty much stayed on the stage which, thankfully, was covered. After Fightstar finished their performance, which was all acoustic, I was able to conduct my interview. Of course I was nervous but it went really well, I just hope the rain wasn't too loud in the background that you can not hear the interview! After that I was able to interview another band, The Haunts. This one wasn't on camera but the guys were really sweet and they were still excited to be there even though the conditions weren't ideal. By the end of the night, my feet were caked in mud, my clothes were soaked but I still had a great time! The camera man said it should be about a week before I get the footage. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment